I love Halloween. It's my favorite holiday, next to Christmas and my birthday. But lately I haven't been able to work up any enthusiasm for my beloved holiday.
Normally, I would have had a costume idea already in mind by now, and all that would be left would be to find a suitable costume. This year, I just don't know, and nothing is sparking any ideas. We even wandered through a Halloween store, and browsed their selection of costumes. Usually, seeing those will spark some sort of idea in me.
Not this time. I still got zip, zilch, nada.
My attitude towards this holiday has been lackluster at best. I may just end up NOT dressing up this year, and that is very unlike me. I LOVE to dress up. But without an idea at least to go off of, it's hard to come up with a costume.
This may sound like a trivial thing to be bothered by, especially in light of all the other things that have been going on, but it bothers me nonetheless.
I don't know. Maybe I'll come up with something in time. I guess we'll just have to see.
2 comments:
It's strange but I've been feeling the same way. I want to dress up but I don't want to wear the same things again this year. I can't spend money on a new sewing machine, fabric or the lot. It has me feeling a bit empty.
I've looked at all the costumes out this year but nothing is clicking with me and I really would want to dress up with Josh.
It's hard because Savannah wants to make a costume but it isn't feasible at the time.
Is there a costume you've done in the past that you absolutely loved? Try playing around with that idea and then maybe a new idea will come to you.
Post a Comment