Blogger Templates

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

The truth behind MegaDee.

I kinda have this reputation with the guys I game with of being a hardass, evil person, but not in a bad way.  Kinda like Megatron from Transformers.  So, they've nicknamed me MegaDee.

Being the token female in a group full of guys, you tend to get overlooked.  A lot.  No one really heard me, and they never really considered any of my ideas.  It was like I wasn't really there, not to them.  After awhile, it got really old, and I got tired of it.  So, I finally started speaking up.  Loudly.  I became more assertive with them.  Then they finally started listening to me.

It wasn't until after a Transformers game that I got the nickname MegaDee.  I was a playing a very aggressive, gun happy character, which is sort of out of character for me.  I pretty much shot first, and asked questions later.  I was having fun, but was also making one of the in-game characters nervous and scared of mine.  He compared my character to Megatron, and hence started calling me MegaDee.  And the nickname stuck.

But that's not really the whole of who I am.  I can get angry, yes, but not all the time.  I had to bring that aspect of me to the forefront to be heard.  In reality, I'm quite a shy person, and I don't like drawing much attention to myself.  I hate being center of attention.  I also hate confrontation, and will avoid it at all costs.  Which usually results in my not saying how I really feel, for fear of hurting feelings, or making someone angry.  I'm the kind of girl who'll do anything she can for a friend, and who'll stand by her friends no matter what.  My friends are very dear to me, which is why I try not to anger anyone.  I hate it when people are angry with me, especially my friends.  :)

So that, in a nutshell, is how I earned the nickname MegaDee.  The guys still call me that, and I kinda like it.  :)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like it too. =)

Ezraiya said...

I hear you on being in a group full of guys and being the only girl. That's how I prefer it. =D

I was wondering where you came up with MegaDee, though. =)

Dee said...

Ginocyde: Thanks. It's actually become quite fitting now. :)

Tam: Hehe. My friend Jeff actually gave me the nickname, and it's now spread to everyone. :)

ForeverKnight said...

I think it's a great nickname. You should never have to feel bullied or overlooked. :D Especially when you're with friends.

I feel the same about myself but I will try my best to speak up. :D Remember you can tell me anything. I'm never going to hate you, dislike you or anything because of how you feel. You're my friend and I love you.

VorpalFeesh said...

*takes the bow* I only gave a name to the awesomeness that was always there Dee.

Dee said...

Bekah, it wasn't that I was bullied. As quiet as I was, none of the guys really listened, until I stood up and MADE them listen. Now, they see me as more than just a girl in their game. I'm a valued member of the team. Or at least, I HOPE that's the case. Hehehehehe.

Awwww, thanks Jeff. ;)

Valentina said...

I love your nickname! But both Josh and Rebekah can attest that when I first saw it spelled out on your Facebook I read it as "ME GAD!" Seriously. I said it out loud. "Why is Nadine called MeGad?" My dyslexia plays with words in my mind like that. It took me awhile to get it stuck in my mind that your nickname is MEGA D -- I had to write it down several times to get it right.

ForeverKnight said...

You know what? This didn't show up on my feed saying it was updated. I'm glad you posted it to FB too.

Jessica said...

I remember that quite, shy girl. But I do love the nickname! : )

Post a Comment